Flights to Brisbane, Australia from UK
If you are lucky enough to find a cheap flight to Brisbane you will find all the necessary information at the domestic and international terminal help desks. Brisbane is located in 20 min drive from the Airport. In order to get to the centre you can use the Airtrain or you can take a free bus.
Brisbane is the capital of the Australian state of Queensland and the third largest city on the continent. Once half-asleep and provincial "Brissey" is now considered one of the most attractive places to live in Australia: its population is growing at an alarming rate, increasing by one thousand every week. "A City of the New World" - this is the official nickname of Brisbane, and it is not far from the truth. By the number of skyscrapers the city can compete with New York: new bars and restaurants are appearing like mushrooms after rain. Tourists can enjoy the city which offers unique nature in the national parks, can pat a koala and climb one of the few world’s bridges available for climbing, and simply soak in the radiant spirit of Brisbane’s hospitality.
- Brisbane is one of the most pedestrian-friendly cities in Australia. Center (CBD) is easy to explore on foot, and if you get tired, bus stops will always be within walking distance.
- Public transportation in Brisbane consists of buses, trains and ferries, which are managed by the municipal company TransLink. There are more than 400 bus routes, 10 commuter rail lines and 23 ferry stations, so there is no lack of transportation means. As in other Australian cities, the fare is calculated based on the number of zones crossed; Brisbane centre lies within one zone (2,20 USD). You can also buy a ticket for a day of 4,40 USD per zone. Tickets are valid for all types of transport. If you are planning to travel by public transport a lot it is recommended to purchase non-contact «go card» - it should be "charged" with money and applied to the validator at the entrance and exit of the vehicle. The required value is removed automatically.
- Bus route Brisbane City Loop makes a circle around the centre of Brisbane, and in addition it is free, which makes it especially attractive for tourists. Bus stops of this route are painted in bright red color. Buses run every 10 minutes.
- Do not miss the opportunity to catch a ferry. The CityFerry SityCat has long become the hallmark of the city. CityFerrys are commonly used to reach the suburbs of Brisbane, and the high-speed catamaran CityCat quickly ply within the city, and docks are conveniently located near all attractions.
Things to do in Brisbane
- Panoramic city views can be enjoyed from Mount Coot-tha, situated 6 km from the CBD. Here you can find the Botanic Gardens and Brisbane Planetarium. The best way to get to the top is by cars, but for fans of physical activity hiking and biking trails are also provided as well as mountain tracks for climbing. Another popular place among the mountaineers is the mountain range Scenic Rim.
- In the natural reserve Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary you can pat a koala on the fluffy nape and hand-feed kangaroos. It is one of the top ten best zoos in the world. You can also enjoy platypus and marsupials Australian rodents. Another popular city zoo is Alma Park Zoo.
- Story Bridge is the symbol of Brisbane, it allows you to have a "postcard view" and offers an opportunity for everyone to climb on his farm (the pleasure is not for the faint hearted). The journey lasts 2.5 hours, on completion a certificate confirming the feat is issued.
- Other landmarks include City Hall, Brisbane King George Square and the Parliament building, the Commissariat stores built in 1829 (the oldest building in the city) and the Gothic church on Albert Street.
- View art collection in the Brisbane Cultural Precinct –a District full of galleries, exhibition halls and museums of contemporary art.
- From Brisbane you can get in Moreton Bay and its islands: watch the dolphins and whales, drive over the sand dunes on the four-wheel jeeps, visit the winery Sirromet and find out how the prisoners lived on the island of St. Helena.
Brisbane Flights in Australia have very competitive price for the flights.
If a sub-tropical climate in a laid-back location is what you’re looking for in a holiday, book your flights to Brisbane from the UK now. Brisbane, home of the Queensland Art Gallery and the Treasury casino with its selection of live bands, offers something for everyone. Cheap flights to Brisbane, part of the fastest expanding state in Australia, provide access to a host of sights and sounds, Brisbane has a thriving live music scene, including a host of museums and theatres across the city and suburbs. Flights to Brisbane from the UK in particular will mostly stopover en route in Asia, Brisbane flights usually take about 22 - 24 hours, excluding any stopover time.
Find the best deals on flights to Brisbane. Find cheap flights from hundreds of different airlines with Cheap Flights to find the lowest fares all on one site. Cheap flights to Brisbane can be found by comparing prices online and booking early. Midweek flights tend to be cheaper and although Brisbane has good weather all year, by shopping around it's possible to find cheap flight prices for the hotter summer season of November through to February.
Browse cheap flight offers to Brisbane or use the search box to enter your travel dates and let Cheap Flights find the cheapest flights to Brisbane, or wherever you want to go. Are you flexible on when you travel? We can show you the cheapest days of the month to fly. Book with confidence ATOL (9364) protected.
Company you can trust
Holiday and flights shown are ATOL protected by the Civil Aviation Authority.
Our ATOL licence number is 9364.
Why to book with us ?
- Multi-airline return airfares
- We will search not only for the cheap lowest return airfares on your favourite airline carriers, but also for the lowest priced combination of one-way fares on two different airlines to offer you a cheap flights.
- Flexible date search options.
- If you're flexible with dates, we offer you the opportunity to search for cheap flight prices 3 days either side of your chosen departure dates to make sure you get the best deal on the market.