Cheap flights to Sydney - Australia
Things to know when flying to Sydney
- Flights to Sydney from the UK airports last for over 22 hours
- The best time to fly to Sydney is just after New Year during the Sydney
- Try to book 3 months in advance to have the cheapest airfare to Sydney
Flights to Sydney deals
- Return flight London to Sydney from £609
- Return flight Sydney to Adelaide from £120
- Return flight Manchester to Sydney from £619
- Return flight Birmingham to Sydney from £629
- Return flight Glasgow to Sydney from £639
Please use our search menu to find more flights or call us for best deals on Sydney flights
Overview of Sydney
The largest city in Australia Sydney is a prime example of a successful synthesis of ultra-modern skyscrapers with downtown old "Mediterranean" buildings, parks and beaches and bustling resorts.
Sydney is the largest city of the Australian continent, founded in 1788. Having not won a desperate argument for the title of the capital, for many it is the hallmark of Australia.
Arriving to Sydney
Sydney International Airport is the largest and busiest in the whole of Australia. It is located 9 kilometers south of the city. It serves the planes of over 35 different airlines departing from Asia, Europe and some cities in North and South America.
You can reach the city in several ways. The most expensive of them is taxi, which will cost you about $ 30. The train tickets straight from the airport will cost your half of the price - 15-16 dollars depending on whether you're a in a local or international depart. Approximately the same number will need to be paid to the minibus driver getting tourists directly to their hotels - about $ 13. The cheapest option is by bus - only $ 3, but then you may have a problem with the amount of luggage.
Getting around Sydney
There should not be problems in getting around- the city-it has great public transportation, and combining different types of transport will guarantee you that you'll get absolutely anywhere in the city.
If you do not intend to ride in a taxi the whole time, you can save by buying a single ticket for all public transport. It includes traveling by bus, monorail and conventional trains and even some ferries. Travel for one day would be worth $ 20 for an adult and 10 - for the child, and if you are traveling with family, on Sunday it will cost you only $ 25. Weekly fare will be 43 to 60 dollars depending on the type of ticket.
If you plan to rent a car, keep in mind that on weekdays you can expect quite a lot of traffic jams from about seven to ten in the morning and four until seven in the afternoon. (Also in the evening and on weekends - from morning till night in the vicinity of the coast). When the roads are not too full, the route from the center to the suburbs should take about 45 minutes.
Things to do in Sydney
- Go whale watching
- Visit Sydney harbor islands
- Visit Bondai and Manly beach
- Go to Blue Mountains
Book Your Flights to Sydney
Browse cheap flight offers to Sydney or use the search box to enter your travel dates and let and let CheapFlights'R'us find the cheapest flights to Sydney. Are you flexible on when you travel? We can show you the cheapest days of the month to fly. Book with confidence. ATOL (9364) protected.
Company you can trust
Holiday and flights shown are ATOL protected by the Civil Aviation Authority.
Our ATOL licence number is 9364.
Why to book with us ?
- Multi-airline return airfares
- We will search not only for the cheap lowest return airfares on your favourite airline carriers, but also for the lowest priced combination of one-way fares on two different airlines to offer you a cheap flights.
- Flexible date search options.
- If you're flexible with dates, we offer you the opportunity to search for cheap flight prices 3 days either side of your chosen departure dates to make sure you get the best deal on the market.