Flights To New Zealand
|Queenstown Frankton||from £789|
Cheap Flights to Wellington - New Zealand
Things to know when flying to Wellington:
- The best time to fly to Wellington is from December to January
- The safest airline flying to Wellington is Qantas
- Wellington International Airport is 5 miles to the east from the City and can be easily reached by the Airport Flyer Express service
Flights to Wellington-Deals
- Return Flight London to Wellington from £699
- Return Flight Sydney to Wellington from £199
- Return Flight Manchester to Wellington from £729
- Return Flight Auckland to Wellington from £99
Please use the search engine above to find more flights or call us for more Flight Deals to Wellington
Travelling to Wellington - overview
Wellington is the capital of New Zealand, the second most populous city in the country, the largest capital among countries in Oceania and the southernmost capital city in the world. The city is located in the Wellington area in the southern part of the North Island. Wellington city is named after Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington, a prominent British commander, winner of Waterloo, the British Prime Minister, in order to perpetuate the "relations with the future metropolitan city", and also as a gratitude to the Duke, who supported the colonization plan William Wakefield, the founder of the city. Among the indigenous people of New Zealand, Polynesian Maori people, the city is known by three names. The first name is Whanga-nui-a-Tara ("The Great Bay Tara").
Second is Poneke, the third one is “fish head Maui”. In addition, the Wellington has several nicknames: Capital-bay, Wellywood and the Wind City.
The city is located at the south-western tip of the North Island in the bay of volcanic origin Wellington, In clear weather one can see Kaikoura mountains, located on the South Island. To the north of the city there are beaches Kapiti , to the east Rimutaka mountains.
Named capital of New Zealand in 1865, Wellington was first settled by the Maori around the 11th century. Europeans arrived in the mid-1800s. The compact centre is easy to explore on foot. Take a nocturnal tour of Karori Wildlife Sanctuary to meet some colourful inhabitants. People-watch while sipping coffee in lively Courtney Place. Discover the city's Maori roots at the Museum of Wellington City & Sea, plus more of its identity at the Museum of New Zealand. Survey the city from scenic Mount Victoria. In recent years Wellington has stamped its place firmly on the world map as the home of New Zealand’s dynamic film industry, earning itself the nickname ‘Wellywood’.
Wellington is often subject to strong storm winds. Climate is subtropical. Average temperature in January is +16 C and that of July is about + 8C. Snow falls only in the mountains.
The city is recognized as an earthquake-prone. The natural vegetation consists of trees and shrubs, which are dominated by evergreen species. The city has 102 parks and recreational facilities. Wellington Square is 289.9 km². The four cities comprising Wellington had a total population of 397,700 (June 2014 estimate), and the urban area contained 99% of that population. Annual population growth averaged 3.5%. Approximately 19% of the populations are children under 15 years old and about 9% of people are over 65 years. Europeans account for about 70.2% of the total population of Wellington. The next largest ethnic group is the Maori - about 7.8% of the population. The rest of the population is mostly Asian people and immigrants from Polynesia.
Things to do in Wellington
- Visit the national museum of Zew Zealand Te Papa. It is fun for people of any age.
- Ride the historical Wellington cable car.
- Get yourself on a Lord of the Rings Location Tour.
- Visit Wellington zoo - the best Zoo in the world.
- Cruise down the bohemian Cuba street and visit it colourful shops
Browse cheap flight offers to Wellington or use the search box to enter your travel dates and let Cheap Flights find the cheapest flights to Wellington, or wherever you want to go. Are you flexible on when you travel? We can show you the cheapest days of the month to fly. Book with confidence ATOL (9364) protected.
Company you can trust
Holiday and flights shown are ATOL protected by the Civil Aviation Authority.
Our ATOL licence number is 9364.
Why to book with us ?
- Multi-airline return airfares
- We will search not only for the cheap lowest return airfares on your favourite airline carriers, but also for the lowest priced combination of one-way fares on two different airlines to offer you a cheap flights.
- Flexible date search options.
- If you're flexible with dates, we offer you the opportunity to search for cheap flight prices 3 days either side of your chosen departure dates to make sure you get the best deal on the market.