Things to know before you fly
First to know is we are ATOL protected so your travel is secured.
- Baggage: Call the airlines and find out your baggage limits. Check the airlines website for what is allowed in your carry-on.
- Airport arrival: Give yourself at least one hour before domestic flights and two hours before international flights to get your boarding pass and get through security. Ask the ticketing agent for an aisle seat if you'll want to get up a lot during the flight.
- Security: Wear shoes that slip off easily since you'll probably have to take them off going through security. You'll also want to empty jeans pockets, remove belts with metal buckles, watches, metal bracelets, any electronics you're plugged into (MP3, ipod, CD player), and your sweater or jacket if it zips. Do not talk on your cell phone going through security. Take your laptop out of your bag to send through separately.
- On the plane: Stow whatever you will not need during the flight in the overhead compartment. If it's an international flight keep your passport with you to fill out arrival cards for the country you will be arriving in. Sit down and put on your seat belt once the plane is ready to leave. Count the number of seats forward and back to the nearest exit just in case the lights should go out during an emergency. Read the safety card and watch the flight attendants demonstrate how to use everything on the plane. Don't turn on electronics, lean your seat back, or put your table down until the plane has reached cruising altitude. If you use the plane toilet during flight put the lid down before you flush.
- Landing: Keep your seat belt fastened until you get to the gate. Wait until the plane stops to get your stuff from the overhead bin. Leave the plane and head towards baggage claim. If it's an international flight you'll have to go through immigration before going to baggage claim. If you're in certain foreign countries luggage carts will be free in the baggage claim area. Get your stuff off the belt. You may have to show your claim ticket (a sticker that should be on the back of your boarding pass) when leaving. You may have to go through customs, if flying internationally.
Check the security flight rules
At UK Airports, the safety and security of customers and staff is an absolute priority.
To make your journey as smooth as possible and avoid unnecessary delays, you pay special attention to airport security procedure. To ensure your journey is a smooth one, please ensure that you read the latest regulations about what you can and cannot take on board the aircraft.
For more travel information by country, please go to gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
Company you can trust
Holiday and flights shown are ATOL protected by the Civil Aviation Authority.
Our ATOL licence number is 9364.
Do you need travel insurance? Call now to get your insurance quote.
Worldwide Flights and Stopover Flights
Competitive Prices Around You...
Flexible Cheap Worldwide Flights, Holidays and Hotels. Peace of Mind.
Fully Protected by ATOL, IATA and part of the News Travel Limited. Great Prices and Special Upgrades.
We offer competitive flights fares and holidays. In our offers we always can upgrade your trip. Cheap Flights offering you low cost bargain airfares. CheapFlightsRus.com offers Holidays, Hotels, Car Hire & Private transfers. At Cheap Flights, we like to offer the best deals for fraction of the price and offering you a high quality of customer service. Cheap Flights is specialist for low cost budget flights and holidays or the high end premium market with the best deals on Business Class and First Class Flights. Cheap Flights specialise for key markets for Flights, Holidays and Hotels to Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, USA, Dubai and the key cities with a range of low cost cheap flights are to Bangkok, Sydney, Auckland, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Johannesburg, Phuket, Manila, Orlando, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Miami and many more cities. Cheap Flights deals with most of the airlines and hotels directly hence we are able to obtain very low prices on flights and hotels which we pass on to you as a customer.